Monday, November 24, 2008

The Rebirth of The Twilight Cafe


It was a sad day when I found out that one of my favorite Sanibel restaurants, Twilight Cafe, was closing. Over the years I had fallen
in love with the menu, the quaint atmosphere and their world famous marinated broccoli. In fact, it was our first choice for Sanibel Holiday staff dinners because all the employees loved it as much as I did!
For those of you who haven't heard I am pleased to announce that the Twilight Cafe is back and better than ever! They are in a new location on West Gulf Drive where the Riviera once was. They have more tables and an updated look but the food is still fabulous. On my highly anticipated first evening back I enjoyed the seared sesame crusted tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes in a warm coconut and sesame reduction which I followed with a warm chocolate cobbler for dessert. The service was impeccable, the food was wonderful and the desire to make a reservation for my next visit was strong! Although I was happy with my choice it would be hard to claim it as a "favorite" just yet because every night Chef Parks offers specials which incorporate the newest and most interesting products on the market. Stop by soon to find your favorite and don't be surprised if it changes with each visit! We promise you won't be disappointed!
Due to Twilight Cafe's popularity it is highly recommended that you call ahead for reservations otherwise you might miss out on one of Sanibel's best restaurants!

No comments: