Monday, September 29, 2008

Mail from Sanibel-Postcard or Coconut?


I love everything about mail! Sending mail, receiving it, checking it-absolutely everything. Which is why mail is my chosen topic for this blog.
There is something special about the anticipation I feel when I open my box everyday. I know the possibility exists that someone out there has been thinking about me! In my case it is mostly people I owe money to, but let's keep this positive.
Mail on Sanibel; however, is extra special. Sanibel being a tropical island and all offers the opportunity to not only mail a large variety of postcards, but also coconuts!
That's right-just like a letter you can present your addressed coconut (just a tip-a regular pen will not suffice for this job-you need some type of paint) to the local post office, they will weigh and ship your little taste of paradise to whomever it is intended!
A P.S. for my mom-I will send you a coconut eventually-I promise! P.S.S While visiting Sanibel stop into Suncatcher's Dream to pick up your very own mailing coconut and other unique island gifts!

No comments: